With lovely beachs, culture and nightlife, Lisbon is one of the most vibrant cities in Europe. Besides that, it's also a historical city with characteristic and surprising sights, cultural treasures and beautiful places deemed to be a paradise for walkers and photographers.
Rarely too hot or cold, this second-oldest capital in Europe (after Athens) is a year-round destination to visit and enjoy.
10 recommended things
- Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, also known as the Monastery of St. Jerome, listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site.
- Tram 28 – the famous “Amarelo”, connecting the old districts of Lisbon
- Alfama – A beautiful neigbourhood in the heart of the city – guiving you the feeling of "old" Lisbon
- Belém, a waterfront neighborhood with its famous “Pasteis de Belem”, the traditional, sweet and delicious pastry
- Elevador de Santa Justa, (Santa Justa elevator). Based on the work of Gustavo Eifel
- Torre de Belém, listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site and Padrão dos Descobrimentos, reminding of the former times of Portuguese discoveries
- Feira da Ladra, a very unique flea market located in the heart of the city, welcomes you to stroll along and to purchase retro pieces with a Portuguese touch – to take home a small part of Lisbon.
- St. George's Castle. Enjoy 7 km of portuguese history
- Lisbon viewpoints: This is the city of seven hills and we can give you hints on where you can have the best view.
- Chiado and Baixa, the city's traditional shopping districts inviting visitors to stroll around